Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The App Pitch
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EST)
Registration @ 6:00PM-6:30PM
Event Begins @ 6:30PM
Pizza and Pop will be served @ 6:00PM
Calling all Startups, Students, Developers and Designers!
The App Pitch competition is coming to MaRS Discovery District in Toronto on January 29th, 2013!
What is The App Pitch?
The App Pitch is the opportunity to show the Toronto startup, student and developer community YOUR app ideas for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
Register to pitch your app as an individual or as a team of two. You will have three minutes to pitch your app idea to a team of amazing judges. The judges will then select six finalists, based on the judging criteria. Those teams will then pitch to the audience who will decide the top 3 apps who will receive a spot in the elevator to pitch your startup to investors during the International Startup Festival Elevator World Tour.
Register and get there early!
The first 20 people at the door for The App Pitch on January 29th, 2013 will receive a discount code to register for a complimentary cocktail reception pass to attend the International Startup Festival Elevator World Tour in Toronto on January 31st, 2013. Although, you must register in advance for The App Pitch to receive the discount code!
It’s a Developer Installfest too! Bring your hardware with you as Microsoft representatives will be in attendance to conduct a Developer Installfest! Get support from experts to set up your machine with all the necessary developer tools, SDKs, code samples and more to get started on your app!
Tell Me About The Prizes!
Top Three Finalists – Receive a spot in the elevator to pitch your startup to investors during the International Startup Festival Elevator World Tour stop in Toronto on January 31st, 2013.
First Place – Receive a $500 CAD Gift Card
How Do I Get Started?
- Pitch Details and Guidelines
- Windows 8 Apps
- Windows Phone Apps
- Windows Azure (Microsoft’s Cloud Computing Platform)
What’s On The Agenda?
- 6:00PM - 6:30PM = Registration & Pizza Served
- 6:30PM - 7:00PM = Welcome Address & Kick-Off
- 7:00PM - 8:00PM = Round Robin Pitches
- Pitchers will be broken up into groups to have their pitches judged to be one of the six finalists. During the round robin, each team will have 3 minutes to pitch their app with two minutes for questions from their team of judges.
- 8:00PM - 8:15PM = Break
- 8:15PM - 8:30PM = Six Finalists Announced
- 8:30PM - 9:00PM = Finalists Pitch
- The six finalists will have 3 minutes each to pitch their app to the entire audience.
- 9:00PM - 9:15PM = Audience Voting
- 9:15PM - 9:30PM = Awards Presentation & Wrap Up
**NOTE** Bring your hardware with you as representatives of Microsoft Canada will be available throughout the event to help you install all the necessary developer tools, SDKs, code samples and more to get started on your app!
Good luck to all those pitching apps and please reach out to Microsoft Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
When & Where
Home of the MaRS ICE (Information Technology, Communications and Entertainment) Practice, and current residence of the JOLT Accelerator.
Found on the second floor of the MaRS Centre Heritage Building.